There are four travel options from the airport to Barcelona and to the Palau de Congressos de Catalunya: Subway, Train, Aerobús and Taxi.
The Subway line (L9 Sud) connects the Barcelona Airport to the city. Last stop, Zona Universitària, is right next to the venue. Trains frequency is every 7 minutes during peak times. The journey to Palau de Congressos de Catalunya takes less than 40 minutes. Take a look at the subway map. Detailed information about ticket prices is available here.
There are Subway stations at both terminals:
- T1 Terminal: From Baggage Claim, follow the signs to "Metro - L9 Sud (Orange)"; the T1 station is located on the ground floor.
- T2 Terminal: From Baggage Claim, follow the signs to "Metro - L9 Sud (Orange)". Follow the signs to the RENFE station and cross the street trough a bridge. The station is located outdoors
The Aerobús departs from both Terminals and arrives at Plaça Catalunya (right in the center of Barcelona), with a stop in Plaça Espanya (closer to the venue), among others.
- Bus frequency: every 5 to 15 minutes from 06:00 to 01:00
- Approximate journey time: 20 minutes between the airport and Plaça Espanya
- Cost: 5,90 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver.
Note: If you are planning to go directly to Palau de Congressos de Catalunya from the Airport using Aerobús, you must still make your way from Plaça Espanya to the venue.
Taxis are readily available outside both airport terminals. Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices. Important: official taxis in Barcelona are black and yellow, with their license number in the door, and have the exclusivity of the airport service. Any other taxis are illegal or not allowed to the service. Receipt is delivered upon request.
The train connects the airport with the city centre, stopping at Barcelona Sants Railway Station. The airport station is located opposite Terminal T2, connected via a bridge. Journey time is less than 20 minutes. View timetables.
If you are planning to go to the Conference venue, once you are in Barcelona Sants, follow the signs to "Metro - L3 (Green)". The stop next to the venue is Zona Universitària, at the end of the line. Journey time is less than 15 minutes.